Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SambitSaha20002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2018
So my MacBook Pro (2017, without touch bar) will be a year old next month. I've had no issues since the day I bought it. However, just recently, I started noticing a band of black lines appearing at the bottom of my screen. I have attached an image, check it out.

Also, seems like this band of lines only appear when my MacBook heats up, and then when I shut it down and let it cool, and once i restart it, Then boom! no lines, crystal clear display.

Anyone got any idea how to get around this problem?

Has anyone else been suffering from similar issues?
IMG_4679.JPG

slam5

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2011
So my MacBook Pro (2017, without touch bar) will be a year old next month. I've had no issues since the day I bought it. However, just recently, I started noticing a band of black lines appearing at the bottom of my screen. I have attached an image, check it out.

Also, seems like this band of lines only appear when my MacBook heats up, and then when I shut it down and let it cool, and once i restart it, Then boom! no lines, crystal clear display.

Anyone got any idea how to get around this problem?

Has anyone else been suffering from similar issues? View attachment 768440

I would take it to Apple and document this lest they have another recall. Do it while it is under warranty make it a very clear case.

SambitSaha20002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2018
I would take it to Apple and document this lest they have another recall. Do it while it is under warranty make it a very clear case.
Alright, but just asking, will they just repair/replace the display or will they replace the entire machine?

slam5

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2011
I can't tell you. What I am saying is to cover your rear. I presume they probably won't replace the screen or system board at this point since it is not fatal. But if it complete fail or fail in such a way that you can't use it anymore, you can point out to them you complained about it and they won't do anything. But then again, Apple may surprise you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.