Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BouncingAroundLife

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 10, 2021
Hey all! I purchased my MacBook 2020 13inch intel i5 Touch Bar almost a year ago. My cat happened to scratch my screen so I sent it in to get repaired. I think they may have given me a new MacBook which is awesome. Anyway, sometimes when plugging in my Mac to charge, it will freeze, and stutter if I have a video playing. I might think its because I have around 60+ tabs open a lot and that may do it. Also, something minor but odd, Now when I plug in my Mac to charge in the port, it doesnt make that satisfying click sound when you plug it in. I tried plugging it in to the other port and it makes that signature sound. Did my port get worn down after only 6 months of use?? My two questions would be is my port slowly diminishing and if I stop having 60+ tabs open will my Mac not freeze and stutter when plugging it in? Thank you!

P.S. Ordered the new iMac M1 Fully speced out and I cant wait to see the difference in performance

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
I only have one question....

Why do you have 60 tabs open? Really, I'd like to know why people leave so much up and running in the background all the time. It's like, I really need this job to run smoothly, hey, I will open as many instances of this one application as possible to make it happen!

It must be a millennial thing... I just don't get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.