Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F-302

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
I recently installed Windows 7 Pro using the BootCamp utility on my MacBook Pro 15” 2014 laptop. After the installation I checked the battery. It says "99% Available(Plugged in, not charging)". Is this something to be concerned about? And if so how would I fix the issue?

Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time. :)

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
I recently installed Windows 7 Pro using the BootCamp utility on my MacBook Pro 15” 2014 laptop. After the installation I checked the battery. It says "99% Available(Plugged in, not charging)". Is this something to be concerned about? And if so how would I fix the issue?

Any help and/or information would be greatly appreciated.

If your charger is indicating that it’s charging by showing the amber light and green when full, it should be fine. It might be Windows acting strange as it loves to do. If it charges fine in macOS and the charger shows that it’s charging fine in Windows, you should be ok.

F-302

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
The indicator light is working. I’m just not going to worry about it too much. Besides I usually just keep my laptop plugged in all the time anyway.

Thanks for your help. :)

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
The indicator light is working. I’m just not going to worry about it too much. Besides I usually just keep my laptop plugged in all the time anyway.

Thanks for your help. :)
Does the light appear in macOS? If it never shows up, you have a hardware issue that needs to be resolved.

F-302

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 17, 2018
Nevermind, I managed to get help from someone outside the forums. The battery is charging now, all I had to do was deplete the battery enough to get the charging process going. It appears to be working fine now. But your help will not go unappreciated. And yes the battery charges in MacOS so it's probably not a hardware issue.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.