Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
hi, i have seen a topic on reddit and checked my device about this issue. Mine has also misaligned black border at the bottom of display. This assymetry can easily be seen with the flash light of a smartphone. The grey reflection under misaligned part is seen with flash light. Has anyone noticed the same issue? Is this a common problem?

also here you can find the original post about same problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookpro/comments/rlv5x7

IMG_2065.jpg

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Well, maybe it looks a lot worse in person, but based on your picture and the ones in the reddit post you linked, it doesnt look very noticeable or bad to me and is not something I'd bother returning it over.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Well, maybe it looks a lot worse in person, but based on your picture and the ones in the reddit post you linked, it doesnt look very noticeable or bad to me and is not something I'd bother returning it over.

I am going to chech other devices around me and if one of them does not have this issue, i will return mine

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Today i have viewed 3 demo mbp 16 m1 at Store and all of them have the same issue.

dallegre

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2016
There is a thread here about the same issue. Seems like a cable or something may be running under that molding. Seems very common.

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
There is a thread here about the same issue. Seems like a cable or something may be running under that molding. Seems very common.
Could you please share the link of thread you mentioned

dallegre

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2016

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.