Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaysapple

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2021
I purchased the brand new M1 Max 16inch MBP last November. I spent 4K and was truly expecting the laptop to last me for many years. I noticed a couple days ago that the laptop kept on randomly restarting and yesterday it decided to no longer power on. This is truly a shock to me, especially as I barely used my laptop and kept the unit in excellent condition. Im really disappointed how I already needed to send in the device for repair with not even a year of usage in. Did anyone else have a similar experience?

TightLines

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2022
I purchased the brand new M1 Max 16inch MBP last November. I spent 4K and was truly expecting the laptop to last me for many years. I noticed a couple days ago that the laptop kept on randomly restarting and yesterday it decided to no longer power on. This is truly a shock to me, especially as I barely used my laptop and kept the unit in excellent condition. Im really disappointed how I already needed to send in the device for repair with not even a year of usage in. Did anyone else have a similar experience?
Keep us posted on your outcome with Apple… i am about to make similar purchase. I haven’t heard much of anything about problems with these machines…. So i was feeling confident. I choose this over the new Studio which seemingly has some noise issues Apples not addressing…

GCC

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2021
Any update ?
Thx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.