Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bosse55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2015
Nykoping Sweden
My 2008 MacBook pro is compleatly dead after 3 months in storage, it was no problem when I used it before storage , I cant find any way to wake it up, battery is ok but nothing happends when I push the start button, all reset commands described by Apple is tested, so it looks like it is some hardware problem
maybe not worth to fix on an old Mac. Any suggestions?

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
It takes a while after it's plugged in for it to boot. I have an old MacBook that sits on a shelf that I let people use when their computer is down and after sitting for a while it'll take a couple hours on the charger before it'll boot.

Reactions: Samuelsan2001

Bosse55

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2015
Nykoping Sweden
I Have had it plugin more than 48 hours but still no life in it , but you are right when I had it in storage last time I had to have it plugin some hours before it was possible to boot, might take a month this time ?
Bo

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
I Have had it plugin more than 48 hours but still no life in it , but you are right when I had it in storage last time I had to have it plugin some hours before it was possible to boot, might take a month this time ?
Bo

I don't know you're 1527KM from me.

The only thing you can really do is an SMC reset and hope Macs just don't like dead batteries

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.