Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

astarana2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2023
Hello
Sorry for my bad english, i'm swiss :)

My MacBook Pro 2010 suddenly got a whitescreen after formatting the HD, access to the bootloader is not possible (ALT), no Apple logo, no folder icon, nothing.

The internal SSD was formatted by the previous owner. But to boot from the USB, I have to press the ALT key... and it doesn't respond, no matter if external keyboard or internal.

I have installed Mac OS via an external Sata adapter on my MacBook Air, but he also does not want....

No idea which MacOS was on it before, I only know that Windows 7 was on it. I think but the High Sierra on it. MacOS Sierra is supposed to be on it.

The Mac does not react to any keyboard input, so when I press T nothing happens, when I press ALT nothing reacts.

I left the Mac without doing anything, with the USB stick in it, but nothing happened, only a white screen.

The startup sound comes.
Previously never apart until this error, only an SSD was installed nothing more.
I installed MacOS Sierra via this USB stick with the SATA adapter via my Macbook Air.

What I also noticed is that the Mac also does not want to boot from the original Snow Leopard? CD will boot.

I hope someone can help me, specs are

C2D 2.4ghz
8GB Ram
250GB Samsung SSD
BJ. mid 2010

LG Astarana2007

Attachments

• AZCV5139.jpg
    AZCV5139.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 382

fspkwon

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2023
you need the 10.6.4 disk and if your installing for example os switching you have to before you reboot install the combo update or its going to crash and also install the 10.6 8 EFI Firmware update

paardenkapper

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2023
Germany
Grüezi!

I think you should create an installer boot stick for MacOS High Sierra - you can download is from Apple.
If you have no other Mac device ready you could use the program TransMac to create a bootable installer.

The white screen only is really strange - if it cannot find an accessible boot device it should give a question mark folder.

Try resetting the PRAM before moving on - press ALT + OPTION + P + R directly after pressing the power button and keep it pressed until it chimes a second time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.