Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Upstatewinds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
HI, I am trying to get a MacBook Pro 2011 8,1 i7 13 inch laptop up and running again.. a few years ago it did have liquid spilled on it, so i cleaned it up and it has been working since. The problems its having is:

-Will not power on
-Mag charger light is fully green and will not charge battery to my knowledge.
-SMC Reset did nothing, the magsafe light never changed to let me know it was successful.
-pram reset did nothing.
-The battery indicator on the side of macbook blinks fast one LED when pressed and plugged in, otherwise no response.
-Tried to boot up with no battery plugged in, still did not turn on.

The only way to get it to boot is do a SMC bypass. I did do a SMC bypass and a full hardware test "D" while booting up, and it came back with nothing. although under hardware profile, and power it does not read the battery. I dont have much faith in the built in hardware test. Also when booting up via the bypass its slow, fans are on high, keyboard backlite does not work and there is a X in menu bar where battery is.. Help!.

Upstatewinds

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2019
UPDATE!! Replace motherboard with another one with the same i7 CPU chip, and she is up and running!!! So it had a bad motherboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.