Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ali7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2013
Hello,

I have MacBook Pro 2011 and after the logic board problem I can't log to my MBP ! I have very important data on it!

Now I have a PC with windows 10 how I can get my data again ?

Note: The MBP had a password when it was work properly.

Thank you.

lnikj

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2012
Hello,

I have MacBook Pro 2011 and after the logic board problem I can't log to my MBP ! I have very important data on it!

Now I have a PC with windows 10 how I can get my data again ?

Note: The MBP had a password when it was work properly.

Thank you.

You will make your life a lot easier if you can fix this with another Mac. Take it out and mount it as an external drive on another Mac. If you had it encrypted you can enter the pasword for it in disk utility.

There may be a solution for Windows but I don’t know it. Maybe somebody else does ?

danieldavis3924

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2015
You will make your life a lot easier if you can fix this with another Mac. Take it out and mount it as an external drive on another Mac. If you had it encrypted you can enter the pasword for it in disk utility.

There may be a solution for Windows but I don’t know it. Maybe somebody else does ?

By far, the easiest way is to use another Mac. There are third party tools online that can mount a macOS formatted disk, but I’ve had mixed results with them in the past.

If the drive was encrypted, then there is no way to access it on Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.