Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tozsomester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2023
Since I repasted the Gpu and Cpu, if I do something graphic heavy thing the machine freezes but I can move my cursor and the audio continues to play. After some waiting the screen turns off. In bootcamp everything is distorted on the screen and the OS can't recognize the Gpu but in Mac OS there is no graphical distortion just frequent freezes. After every freeze, the first 3 attempts to start the OS freezes at the apple logo bar. The max temps for the Gpu is around 80 celsius.
Is it time to try to reflow the Gpu or something else causes this problem?

Kernel panics I got after every freeze:

panic(cpu 4 caller 0xffffff7fc4133e2e): "virtual bool IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine::display_mode_did_change(uint32_t): Uninitialized NVIDIA GPU driver returns false" @IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine.cpp:267
Panicked task 0xffffff97d6133620: 9 threads: pid 148: WindowServer
Backtrace (CPU 4), panicked thread: 0xffffff8e3c4b3598, Frame : Return Address

and

panic(cpu 6 caller 0xffffff7f9275a3a1): "virtual bool IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine::display_mode_did_change(uint32_t): vendor driver returns false"@/AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOAcceleratorFamily_kexts/IOAcceleratorFamily-438.7.3/Kext2/IOAccelLegacyDisplayMachine.cpp:267 Backtrace (CPU 6), Frame : Return Address

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.