Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jake_jenks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 2, 2016
Purdue University
My macbook is the late 2015 13 inch retina model and has been working great for most of the time I've owned it (I bought it last July). Last week, it began acting up. When I left my macbook in sleep mode for a few hours while I was visiting Indy and when I opened it up, the keyboard and trackpad were not responding. I was able to shut it down after I connected a USB mouse but after rebooting it, the keyboard and trackpad were still unresponsive. They came back after a seemingly random number of PRAM wipes and reboots, but the next day they were unresponsive again. I called apple support but they were unable to do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Atreyu25

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2005
Thankfully you are still under warranty! I would go to a store or call the Care line.

scbrain

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
My macbook is the late 2015 13 inch retina model and has been working great for most of the time I've owned it (I bought it last July). Last week, it began acting up. When I left my macbook in sleep mode for a few hours while I was visiting Indy and when I opened it up, the keyboard and trackpad were not responding. I was able to shut it down after I connected a USB mouse but after rebooting it, the keyboard and trackpad were still unresponsive. They came back after a seemingly random number of PRAM wipes and reboots, but the next day they were unresponsive again. I called apple support but they were unable to do anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
[doublepost=1482945434][/doublepost]The exact same thing is happening to me. What was your solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.