Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tashi_108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2024
Howdy, I just got a refurbished MB Pro 2015 and noticed upon login the screen flickers twice before taking me into my account. My last unit didn't do this so naturally I'm concerned if this is signaling me of a potential ssd drive issue in the future? Any thoughts would be highly appreciated

I have included a video for you to see what I'm talking about. For privacy reasons I have excluded my username and password

revcor

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2023
My 15″ 2015 MBPr does this as well, except instead of the whole screen flashing black, it's just a black bar that flashes a couple times, still stretching from left to right, but only about 1/3 the total height of the screen. And positioned slightly higher than the center. I too am very curious what, if anything, this means

tashi_108

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2024
My 15″ 2015 MBPr does this as well, except instead of the whole screen flashing black, it's just a black bar that flashes a couple times, still stretching from left to right, but only about 1/3 the total height of the screen. And positioned slightly higher than the center. I too am very curious what, if anything, this means
That's strange.. If your laptop functions properly then I guess I wouldn't really be worried or concerned about it. I ended up selling mine and upgrading.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.