Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

which is best

• early 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • late 2015

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thedude731

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2019
Hi there,
So i m wondering if there is any diffrence between early, mid and late 2015?
Wich model is best and why?
Thanks to everyone who helped me im looking to buy a macbook and i dont know wich is bether.

pshufd

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I have the mid. I wasn't aware that there were Early and Late 2015 models unless they are 13 inch models. My 15 mid runs great.

I also have the 13 but it's my work-supplied system. I usually use my 15 for work though and the 13 mostly sits in a cabinet.

Both are nice as they can drive 4K external monitors.

The fans on the 13 come on more frequently with moderate workloads. Sometimes just displaying a video (along with a bunch of passive applications) can run the fan.

Last edited:

Jac Robinson

macrumors member
May 10, 2019
I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro, which is the smaller, less powerful 13 inch model from that year. There is no such thing as a "late" 2015 MacBook Pro. I really like the 13 inch model because of its great battery life, high-resolution display, lighter weight, and its general reliability, especially at a lower price point than the new MacBook Air. I actually have an extra one I just finished fixing up that I'm looking to sell. I'm just not very knowledgeable about how to sell it.

Now, about your question:

I could list all the specs, but that would be tedious, so I suggest you read them at apple's website:

13 inch "early": https://support.apple.com/kb/SP715?locale=en_US

15 inch "mid": https://support.apple.com/kb/SP719?locale=en_US

The thirteen inch model number is 12,1.
The fifteen inch model number is 11,4.

The fifteen inch MacBook Pro has a 4-core processor, more storage and RAM at the base model, is generally "more powerful", and will probably cost you more to buy.

The thirteen inch MacBook Pro has a 2-core processor that is a generation newer, has longer battery life, has slightly faster ram, and is lighter weight, and will probably cost a little less. Make sure you get enough storage.

Both models have the fastest wifi in any MacBook Pro at the moment.

I really like the visual proportions and weight of the thirteen inch model, buy I am biased. I got mine earlier this year (it is my first mac) and have loved it ever since.

I hope this answer helps and was not too confusing. I am assuming you are not planning on doing any DIY upgrades.

thedude731

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2019
As far as i am aware (Using the Mactracker app), the 13" is only available in 2015 as an Early, and the 15" as a Mid, no other options.

Are you sure?
Because that good news.
[doublepost=1557848798][/doublepost]
In my opinion, ANY 2015 MBP is worth having over ANY 2016-later MBP.

But that's "my opinion only"...
I agree
[doublepost=1557848917][/doublepost]
I have the mid. I wasn't aware that there were Early and Late 2015 models unless they are 13 inch models. My 15 mid runs great.

I also have the 13 but it's my work-supplied system. I usually use my 15 for work though and the 13 mostly sits in a cabinet.

Both are nice as they can drive 4K external monitors.

The fans on the 13 come on more frequently with moderate workloads. Sometimes just displaying a video (along with a bunch of passive applications) can run the fan.
There arent i just didnt know so its just the 2015 mid wich makes it 2015 15''

thedude731

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2019
I have an early 2015 MacBook Pro, which is the smaller, less powerful 13 inch model from that year. There is no such thing as a "late" 2015 MacBook Pro. I really like the 13 inch model because of its great battery life, high-resolution display, lighter weight, and its general reliability, especially at a lower price point than the new MacBook Air. I actually have an extra one I just finished fixing up that I'm looking to sell. I'm just not very knowledgeable about how to sell it.

Now, about your question:

I could list all the specs, but that would be tedious, so I suggest you read them at apple's website:

13 inch "early": https://support.apple.com/kb/SP715?locale=en_US

15 inch "mid": https://support.apple.com/kb/SP719?locale=en_US

The thirteen inch model number is 12,1.
The fifteen inch model number is 11,4.

The fifteen inch MacBook Pro has a 4-core processor, more storage and RAM at the base model, is generally "more powerful", and will probably cost you more to buy.

The thirteen inch MacBook Pro has a 2-core processor that is a generation newer, has longer battery life, has slightly faster ram, and is lighter weight, and will probably cost a little less. Make sure you get enough storage.

Both models have the fastest wifi in any MacBook Pro at the moment.

I really like the visual proportions and weight of the thirteen inch model, buy I am biased. I got mine earlier this year (it is my first mac) and have loved it ever since.

I hope this answer helps and was not too confusing. I am assuming you are not planning on doing any DIY upgrades.

Thanks you, for the information appreciate it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.