Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RandyB13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2017
Now that the 2017 MacBook Pros have been announced and are available for pre order, does that mean that the 2016 models available in the physical Apple Store right now get a price drop? Or do they cost exactly the same as the new 2017 models?

haydn!

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
UK
I think in Apple Stores, you simply won't be able to buy the 2016 models now. They'll be recalled.

You may get some deals at third party sellers but stock appears to be pretty low as popular third parties here in the U.K. we're already showing some 2016 models as out of stock.

Kaenon

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2011
Now that the 2017 MacBook Pros have been announced and are available for pre order, does that mean that the 2016 models available in the physical Apple Store right now get a price drop? Or do they cost exactly the same as the new 2017 models?

Right now, both Best Buy and B&H Photo Video are offering $200 off the top level MBP, $150 off intermediate level and various discount across the late-2016 models.

Cheers.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I think in Apple Stores, you simply won't be able to buy the 2016 models now. They'll be recalled.

You may get some deals at third party sellers but stock appears to be pretty low as popular third parties here in the U.K. we're already showing some 2016 models as out of stock.

I don't think so I think they sell off remaining stock, and probably after a certain date just claim the rest and get sent back

but I think theres a few day or day, grace period

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.