Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

august43

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2018
hey there. I need urgent help. So ive had my macbook pro for almost a year now and since then ive never encountered a problem like this. So this morning my mac was working well, charging as normal until i went home tonight, and while i was working i hadnt noticed it dropped at 10 percent, which happened sometimes if i was too invested in my work. So i charged it but the weirdest thing happened. The battery was flashing rapidly from plugged to not, like i could hear the ping sound when charging, almost resembling a bell at how rapid it was. So i unplugged it and connected it again then the same thing happened. I tried restaring my mac and that sort of resolved the issue until i noticed the battery percentage didnt look right. It was 8 percent and when i plugged it it turned to 2 whilst charging and it seemed like it wasnt progressing aftr five minutes until it completely didnt charge at all and went dead. I did not know about SMC at this time, nor thought it wouldve resolved the issue. Ill be visiting the apple store tomorrow and see if the issue is with my cable but im really not quite sure and its making me worry a bit if the problem is with the battery. Has anybody encountered a problem like this? If so what mightve been the real issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.