Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vodafone user

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Hello all,

it is my second day after I unpacked my new macbook pro 2018 (16GB ram - Customized =) ) and I waited the new macos Mojave to start using it. I downloaded today as it was released 24th Sep. it asked me to plug in the charger.

The charger not connecting the brand new macbook pro 2018 - i tried the charger as i thought it was faulty but it charged my Google Pixel phone with no issue with the same usb c and charger of mac.

is there anyone else got brand new faulty macbook pro 2018 and shares the same issue?

APPLE YOU ARE REALLY START TO DISAPPOINT US, SHAME ON YOU APPLE.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
Presumably you used a different lead to charge the Google Pixel phone? (maybe not of the Pixel phone is USB-C)

In any case you could try a different charging lead.

Or just return it to Apple.

Or if you contact Applecare they would probably send out a charger and lead.

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
First, try all of the ports on your MBP.

If that does not work, you should visit your Apple store. It could be a bad cable, bad computer, or bad charger. PD under usb-c is a request for power at certain voltage and amperage, acceptance of this request, and response sent from charger to device. It is possible the voltage and amperage requested by the Mac cannot be delivered due to failure of the charger, Mac, or cable, but voltage and current required by the phone can be supplied. The Apple store should be able to determine why, and fix the issue.

vodafone user

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2011
Hello again

I've visited apple genius bar and they tried everything before start to admit it looks like faulty device out of the box

It took apple 3 weeks to customize the 16 gb ram and they saif now it will take them 3 more weeks to see and replace it.

How come apple not to make sure the device is working with no issue.it cost me around $1900.

I am blaming myself for getting apple product this year

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.