Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g4sean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Hi.

from the first day I bought it at Best Buy. I ALWAYS get a screen glitch right befor log in screen.
its a Macbook Pro 2018 4core 15,2 Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports

i went to the apple store 3-4 weeks after getting the laptop and they told me it was a software problem.

it came preinstalled with high sierra. have upgraded to mojave the following day after going to apple store.

i still get the screen glitch right befor log in screen.

has anybody experience this also?? im going back to the apple store this week..

Here's youtube like to my screen glitch...

Last edited:

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Looks like failing graphics. I would get it replaced.

Edit: I was wrong, apologies. Bought a 2019 13" as a secondary machine and just after posting this I began experiencing the same issues. Same as in identical, I too see the same exact glitch on a 13".

First hunch was failing graphics because I've seen plenty of posts and the verdict there has always been graphics failing.

I did more digging and it looks like graphics glitches have been a consistent issue with the touchbar macbook pros.

Updating 10.4.5 to 10.4.6 and will update later if it fixes the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: zaki3084

zaki3084

macrumors newbie

Edit: I was wrong, apologies. Bought a 2019 13" as a secondary machine and just after posting this I began experiencing the same issues. Same as in identical, I too see the same exact glitch on a 13".

First hunch was failing graphics because I've seen plenty of posts and the verdict there has always been graphics failing.

I did more digging and it looks like graphics glitches have been a consistent issue with the touchbar macbook pros.

Hi Ruslan,

I am thinking to buy one in near future. If I choose base model 2019 13 inch MBP with 120G storage, is it ok ?..:).

Thx.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
Hi Ruslan,

I am thinking to buy one in near future. If I choose base model 2019 13 inch MBP with 120G storage, is it ok ?..:).

Thx.

Lol. I actually made a video on this - I don’t think it’s a good daily driver if you need serious computing done / an older Macbook would be a better value in my opinion, but I bought one as a secondary machine for on the go tasks and I think it’s okay for light tasks ( it still not the best value). I think late 2013 for $400-$600 has similar performance and a better keyboard vs $1299 for the base model macbook pro 13” 2019.

Video:

(Good to have a backup machine because of the butterfly keyboard - if it fails you’ll have to wait without a computer :/ (even if it’s covered))

I’ll be honest though - I’ve been using it to try it out and see if I was wrong and I’ve been liking it. Late 2013 is just chilling as. a backup for now.

zaki3084

macrumors newbie
I will consider your suggestion or maybe refurbish MBP wtb is another good option, which I think suitable for my needs or on the go assignment.

I will use it as my secondary machine since I already have 27 inch iMac for my daily task.

Thx Ruslan.

Reactions: ruslan120

Glenvj

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2019

Hi Ruslan, so do you think this is a hardware issue or software issue? I am experiencing this glitch too and it make me worried because I only get this laptop for 2 weeks.

I notice this glitch happen only when my macbook cold boot and the setting of display scaled.

I already try reset PRAM and reinstall mojave from appstore, but the glitch still there.

My macbook is 2019 13" running mojave 10.4.6.

ruslan120

macrumors 65816
Jul 12, 2009
I don’t know. In school I majored in electrical engineering + computer science. It could honestly be either (either a mistake in the way the hardware is initialized via software (fixable via firmware patch or update) or a mistake in the hardware itself (unfixable)).

g4sean

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
i went back to apple store this past friday (AUGUST 2) for the 2nd time
once again apple is telling me it's a software problem and nothing wrong with the hardware and the laptop is fine!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.