Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2019
Hi,
Yesterday I bought a new macbook pro 13 touchbar 2018.
1.-The macbook had the battery discharged, I had to start it with the charger. Is this normal?
2.- When I'm using it, it goes into sleep mode. It has happened 2 times. I have reviewed the energy options and they are for 15 minutes, and when it happened to me it had not been less than 1 minute of not using.

Thanks.

BuCkDoG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
Hi,
Yesterday I bought a new macbook pro 13 touchbar 2018.
1.-The macbook had the battery discharged, I had to start it with the charger. Is this normal?
2.- When I'm using it, it goes into sleep mode. It has happened 2 times. I have reviewed the energy options and they are for 15 minutes, and when it happened to me it had not been less than 1 minute of not using.

Thanks.

Normally out of the box there is plenty of battery to use it for awhile before you have to plug it in. As for the machine going into sleep mode while your using it, I am unsure on that one. Maybe take a look at all of the settings and see what's causing it. If all else falls, bring it back into the Apple Store and have them take a look.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
It is possible that your battery is defective. I’d recommend you to reset the SMC and run Apple Diagnostics (or whatever it’s called now). You’ll find instructions on Apple support pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.