Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avolmar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Hello
I own the latest MacBook Pro 2018 with i9 processor. I attached two external screens (4k & 2550px screen). To accelerate the system, I close the screen of my MacBook. I learned that the (older?) MacBooks has a magnet screen sleeper (switch), which is located on lowerleft side of the keyboard. This will ensure higher air flow through the keyboard and therefore better performance (my hope).

So I tried it with different magnet (weaker and stronger types) to have the same effect. I can feel that magnet will attach at the mentioned position, but the internal screen remains on. So I tried on different (magnetic) places of my MacBook but I failed.
Does someone has any advice/hint to reach to switch the screen off with open screen?

Thanks.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
Why would you use magnet with your computer, IMO It would be better to turn off your screen from system preferences or with terminal code for that.

avolmar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
Why would you use magnet with your computer, IMO It would be better to turn off your screen from system preferences or with terminal code for that.
How I can turn off the internal screen (not just darkening, it should be really switched off)?

avolmar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2018
There is an app called DisableMonitor google it :)
Thanks a lot! But:
Warning
It has been reported that the software is able to cause irretrievable damages to your computer.
Use at your own risk!

The project development has been stopped and won't be continued, if you want to be a maintainer consider opening an issue.

I don't wanna to crash my new MacBook ;-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.