Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fkoperdr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 16, 2019
Amersfoort
After upgrading to Catalina and the recent update the system becomes very warm. Just starting up, and no programs started, within a couple of minutes the fan starts. My MacBook becomes very warm. Anyone having the same problem.

ET3SW

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2011
TX
I am having the same issue. It is definitely running about 10 degrees celsius warmer then it did on Mojave

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Yes. My fans spin up on restart and eventually settle down after a few minutes. Definitely odd though.

ET3SW

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2011
TX
I used to almost never hear my fans. I am mostly docked into a EGPU however they ramp up a lot more for sure since catalina

ET3SW

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2011
TX
Just wanted to say that mine has calmed down quite a bit over the last couple days!

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I had looked at activity monitor since mine seemed somewhat warm - the app that seemed to be using the most was the one that "organizes" the photos. After a few days the heat issue seemed to dissapear so I assume whatever the Mac was doing is done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.