Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleksander_s

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2021
Another person confused by the ports here...

I have 2019 Macbook Pro with Radeon Pro Vega 16 4 GB and a single 27" screen - Asus VA279HAL. I'm planning to buy a 32-34" ultrawide curved screen. My main use case is to have more screen space for programming. I occasionally watch movies or play a game, but not anything that requires high > 60Hz. I'd like to be able to daisy chain the two screens - meaning to have the existing 27" screen (ideally pivoted horizontally) connected to the new ultra-wide one, have my video camera, and microphone connected to UW screen and be able to connect only a single cable to my macbook. The model I was considering buying was Dell 34" U3419W. Dell monitor has USB-C with DP 1.4 Alt Mode, but no Thunderbolt. I've now realised I wouldn't be able to daisy chain them. Do I have any options? Would any of the LG screens with Thunderbolt work? I can see they have 34WL850-W, 32UL950-W, 34WK95U-W, and 38WN95C-W.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.