Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CouchpotatoN1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2024
Hi everyone! I did a speaker replacement on a A1398 late 2013 MacBook Pro 15”. At the beginning.. it went great! I successfully took out the motherboard and cleaned it all up from dust, replaced the speakers put it all back together and it worked! It booted and I was able to log in and test the speakers and everything was fine! UNTIL….

So there was a sound coming from the fan. I reopened it and was able to just take off the black plate surrounding the fan and dusted it off with a toothbrush. I turned it on and it worked once again. When I put it all back together and went to turn it on.. IT DIDNT POST…

When I press the power button the fan spins for 0.5 seconds and turns back off. No sound, no visual, no life. The cable does go from green to orange.

I tried:
1. holding power button 10 seconds and pressing the power button (didn’t work)
2. Holding ctrl, option, power button (didn’t work)
3. Ctrl, option, r, p (didn’t work)
4. Unplugged the battery, held power button for 20 seconds, plugged in with power cable and pressed the power button but the fans did the same thing. I also tried it with the battery plugged in.

Please help! I don’t ******* understand what happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.