Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eweiss99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
I just got an Asus PA279Q (27") and cannot get it to work with my late 2012 13" Macbook Pro. I've connected the mini-DisplayPort to the Thunderbolt connection on my MB and plugged the other into the monitor. When I turn the monitor on, I get a splash screen and then a message that there's no DVI signal. The resolution on my MB changes, as if it senses the PA279Q, but then it reverts to the previous resolution.

I do the same thing going HDMI to HDMI, and get the same result. I've tried the patch-edid.rb script, and it's still the same.

It would be nice if ASUS had some troubleshooting suggestions, but I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Did you try restarting your MBPro? Leave the monitor connected, with power on.
Make sure the monitor is set for whatever input you are using.
Finally, go into the Displays pref pane on your MBPro.
Click the Arrangement button in the Displays pref pane.
Select Mirroring. That should get something to show on your external display, as mirroring will display the same image on both your built-in display and the external. If that works - you can turn mirroring off when you want to use the external to extend the screen that your internal shows.

eweiss99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2015
Thanks for your suggestions. I didn't realize you had to set the monitor to DisplayPort (in my case). I assumed it would autoselect. I'll give my self 50% because if you dig through the Asus manual, there is mention of this page 1-3 after the menu button and other stuff, but nowhere else.

Thanks. The monitor looks great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.