Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerMac G5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2016
Australia
My Trusty Macbook Pro 15" Late 2008 early 2009 Unibody's battery just received the dreaded "Service Battery" warning. The Battery in my Macbook was the original battery and was made more than 7 years ago and only lasts for around 1 hour so I have been expecting this for a while. I need a new battery, but because the Macbook is so old I don't really want to spend to much on it. I live in Australia and was wondering if something like this would be a good replacement or if anyone has better recomendations.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6Cell-Ba...413526?hash=item3abc5e8256:g:g6EAAOSwXshWqHUB

Last edited:

elf69

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2016
Cornwall UK
That looks ok.

I got a 17" 2007 pro that still has a battery giving 2 and half hours to 3 hours use depending on use.

I have a compatible battery in my ibook which is running great!

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Cheap knock off batteries are almost always rubbish and don't last very long if you are not prepared to spend good money then you'll get what you pay for.

If you just want it to get through a year or so with a few hours battery life between charges then sure go for it.

If you want something to replace the current battery with performance and longevity then you'll need to try and find an OEM battery somewhere, not easy I'm afraid ifixit.com do them but they may not be available in Oz and they are $100's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.