Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VaKY

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Hi all.

I have a Macbook Pro 17, mid 2010 and some strange things happened lately. I just wanted to see if any of you experienced similar issues.

1. The battery does not charge, the status bar where the battery is usually shown now says: Not Charging
2. The battery was fully charged few days ago and can work for hours.
3. When I plug the Mac to the A/C, there is a bright green light from the adapter, like the Mac is fully charged, but it`s not fully charged. The battery charges for few min and then, same message: Not Charging.
4. Sometimes I see a very dim green light when the Mac is plugged into the A/C.

Any ideas? I don`t think the battery needs replacement, as I said, when I turn off the WiFi, the battery can hold for 5 or 6 hours.

I did SMC few times, PRAM few times.
After the first PRAM it started functioning normally, next day - same issue started again.

Appreciate your comments ;)

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
Not exactly the same, maybe, but I had an issue with the MagSafe charger on my 2011 17" where the green light would come on but it wasn't really properly connected, so the battery wouldn't charge and would run down until shutdown. The problem appears to have been at the port. If I jiggled and pushed on the MagSafe connector in the port it would start working, and as long as I didn't move the cord, it would keep working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.