Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What do you think is better

• 16 inch M2 Max + 14 inch M1 Pro (base model)

• 14 inch M2 Pro + Mac Studio M2 Max

Results are only viewable after voting.

wpsnappy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2021
I'm having difficulty deciding between two machines that will meet my requirements. I work for a startup doing backend programming and machine learning.

On the other hand, I recently purchased an 8k camera and intend to shoot real estate videos for clients as well as some wildlife photography on the side.

I prefer to run my development environment on a 16-inch M2 Max because it's a beast of a machine and allows me to work on the move because I travel frequently for business hence the battery is very important too.

My plan is to get a 16-inch M2 Max and a 14-inch M1 Pro. 16 MBP for heavy lifting and video processing, and it will be mostly docked. And a 14-inch M1 Pro for the couch and easy travel. I require two machines because I cannot afford to break one and wait in line to get it repaired.

Do you have any other suggestions? Do you believe I should get a 14/16-inch M2 Max and a Mac Studio instead of two MacBook Pros?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.