Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wandersonsc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2018
Hello there,

I was hoping maybe you guys could help me out. I am a Web developer, I work with Ruby on Rails and Python/Django. So, I am planning on getting a MBP, but I am not sure whether my Corsair K70 Lux RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard is going to work, if I plug it into the MBP. I don't have any Mac computers. But I do know that Corsair's iCue currently doesn't support OS X. I just want to know if I will be able to use this keyboard to type.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I would think that you may not have software support for that keyboard, such as controlling lighting on the keyboard, and gaming macros, etc.
But, common typing should be just fine. In the end, it's just a USB keyboard (with really nice key action...)

Other opinions here - https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/corsair-k70-keyboard-on-mac.1624173/
Karabiner Elements might be worthwhile to check out.

You can program the lighting from Windows, and the keyboard retains it, when you then use it in macOS.
This might be enough reason to have Windows installed in a Boot Camp partition, just to set up the keyboard (if that is important to you, and you don't have another Windows PC that you can use for that)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.