Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xMBPx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2010
I don't have this problem with any of my other apple devices, but if I connect my MBP to hotspot it will chew up about 250mb in the first minute, without me even using it.

I had left my MacBook pro connected to hotspot and walked away and found out it went through 13GB in about an hour while I wasn't using it.

Any idea what could be going on?

Thanks

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
Check your activity monitor…could be China for all we know but that’s far too much data to not be super obvious

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Maybe you have a bunch of data stored locally on your computer that needs to sync to iCloud?
Once you connect to WiFi your mac would attempt to download other items currently in your iCloud?

Have you worked on iMovie or created a ton of documents with extremely hi-res photos?
I knew someone that created a 10GB keynote because they inserted a ton of hi-res (full size) photos.

Maybe you have 4000 pictures that are trying to download from your other apple devices to your Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.