Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hmacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I've just purchased the 2015 MacBook pro. However I really want to have written on it (like other macbooks) MacBook pro (see photo). I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a sticker or something similar; so I could have this written on it.
Cheers in advance.
with name.jpg
without.png

Harry

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I personally liked that they decided to remove the writing from the bezels of the 2015 models (more minimal), but I guess it's back again for 2016. It's not like people aren't going to recognize a MacBook Pro without the obvious label on the front.

hmacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
I personally liked that they decided to remove the writing from the bezels of the 2015 models (more minimal), but I guess it's back again for 2016. It's not people aren't going to know you've got a MacBook Pro without the label on the front.

I understand that you pefer it that way, I don't know but it's just something about it to me that it doesn't seem right. The reason I would like it there is because I have worked really hard to afford my MacBook Pro and I want to see the words 'MacBook pro' there just to give me that that little feeling of well done, you worked hard for this and you deserve it.

Reactions: No. 44 and HenryDJP

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
I don't think anything exists like this. You may be able to get an independent precision vinyl graphic cutting company to create one for you. Cheap machines like the Silhouette Cameo will do this for you, but with the size required to fit down there, it's not gonna be precise enough to look high quality.

Shouldn't be too expensive, but it's definitely going to be a custom job.

hmacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
I don't think anything exists like this. You may be able to get an independent precision vinyl graphic cutting company to create one for you. Cheap machines like the Silhouette Cameo will do this for you, but with the size required to fit down there, it's not gonna be precise enough to look high quality.

Shouldn't be too expensive, but it's definitely going to be a custom job.

Cheers, I'll defiantly look into doing that.

CE3

macrumors 68000
Nov 26, 2014
I understand that you pefer it that way, I don't know but it's just something about it to me that it doesn't seem right. The reason I would like it there is because I have worked really hard to afford my MacBook Pro and I want to see the words 'MacBook pro' there just to give me that that little feeling of well done, you worked hard for this and you deserve it.

Fair enough. I did a quick search before posting and didn't see anything beyond replacing the entire front glass cover. If you bought brand new, just keep the warranty in mind when considering custom modifications, as some could void your coverage.

hmacbook

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2017
Fair enough. I did a quick search before posting and didn't see anything beyond replacing the entire front glass cover. If you bought brand new, just keep the warranty in mind when considering custom modifications, as some could void your coverage.

Cool, thanks. I'll have a think about it and the possible cost involved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.