Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonWesAlex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2018
After a waterspill on keyboard, MacBook died.. green light on power cord was all I got. Then it began to turn orange occasionally, but sometimes the light on power cord wouldn’t even come on. After two months of being left alone, I decided to try it again. Worked completely perfect for a little over a month... but now It’s on the fritz again. During use, MacBook shut off. After plugging/unplugging power cord multiple times, finally the power cord changed from green to orange. MacBook came back on at 100% battery. Stayed on functioning correctly for about 5 mins. Now it’s back off and I’m not getting anything but a green light.. buttt It died on 100% so idk. Plz Help!!!

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
After the spill, did you dismantle the MBP, use isopropyl alcohol to clean all affected areas, and let it dry for a few days before turning it on after the spill? If not, the failure is probably due to corrosion from left over residue or moisture being in constant contact with the internal circuit boards and/or a short-circuit from residual liquid or dried residue that was acting as a conductor.

All you can do at this point is try cleaning the board, reassemble, and hope it works.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
It’s probably water damaged. Nobody here can help. Take it to Apple for repair.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.