Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amirzahir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2016
Hello
After 2 weeks of intensive research and info Learned, I have not found the answer of my issue or problem.

Its like this, I have a Macbook Pro Late 2011 and works very well did upgrade the hard drive at the mac store a few months ago. and worked fine. But then I started to have issues with my battery having a Triangle with an Exclamation mark. So Ignored it for about 2 weeks when it finally gave up. So I had to Order a replacement battery and Just got it In today.

But for some reason my computer when I plug in the safe mag goes on a green light then turns to amber light to charge the battery, so I see that on the Left side you have a battery indicator and it doesn't seem to look like its charging so I turn on the system with the 40% i have on the battery and when I see the battery Icon Its draining the battery but still wont charge... And the Magsafe light is amber still. So then I go to remove the Safe mag and when I plug it back in its all of a sudden in a green light and wont move from that green to amber.

So I have done the following:

I have 2 New Replacement Battery's and none of them charge the computer when the magsafe is connected Tried to swap both and none work...

I have reset the SMC on my system Using the following commands..
Turn off system Remove the Mag safe Wait 5 seconds Connect the Magsafe and Press Simultaneously Shift+Command+Option +Power button for 4 seconds then release the keys and now turn on the system

When I do this on the start on my system It asks for my password and I can see that My battery now form 40% is at 100%, But then I enter the system and Its at a 40% again.

Now I checked the connector and swapped the outlets connected to the magsafe if that where the case but still no go.

Checked the connector port on the mac for any dirt or anything stuck to prevent the magsafe connecting correctly and still no go.

I have a doubt if my Power connector Board on the mac is faulty I HOPE ITS NOT. I need this mac up and running ASAP.... :(

I am very sad because, Its going to cost me more money to do this by the hands of a Authorized Technician and I just got Laid off Work 1 mnth and half ago and still have not found any job, and cant spend more money on this :( Its terrible new that this has to happen.

Hope to get a quick fix and all the help is greatly appreciated!

Please help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.