Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snuupy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
Hi Guys,

Today I bought my first MacBook Pro 2021 M1 chip.
I've installed VLC media player (from the official site), Viber (from the official site) and Luminar 4: https://allmacworld.com/luminar-mac-4-3-free-download/

In System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> General -> I can allow this app to be opened, but if I restart my Mac - I should go through the same procedure - Allow the app, waiting for couple of minutes and then open the app.

Same thing with VLC player.
No issues with Viber.

I assume that the problem with VLC player and Luminar 4 is because they're not from a trusted source, but how can I avoid that and not to wait 5 minutes to open the app after restart/shut down of the PC?

I've attached some screenshots for reference.

Thank you in advance! B38171BB-5FBD-42CF-890F-B043508E7109.jpeg 0DD4DE3E-FCBF-45AF-B4CB-E152107018A6.jpeg C85DD3C8-C536-48F4-9FF8-92632C8690AB.jpeg

AltecX

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2016
Philly
Are you actually copying the apps to the Applications folder or are you just running the app from the Disc Image, which unmounts when you reboot?

It sounds like you have no idea how to install Mac Applications, and are just running them from the download folder.

Snuupy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2022
Thank you, mate! I didn't copy the apps to the application folder. Now everything seems fine.

And as I said, it's my first day with Mac, so don't judge. :)

Reactions: chengengaun

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Another thing to note is that you may receive a message stating that the app cannot be opened because it is not trusted after double-clicking on the icon in the Applications folder. If this happens, hold down the Option key while double-clicking on the app’s icon. This will bring up a dialog that will allow you to confirm that you really want to open the app. Once you’ve confirmed this, it will open normally after that.

Have fun with your new Mac!

Reactions: Snuupy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.