Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

md-hamed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 8, 2022
Hey folks,

I have a Macbook pro M1 16" connected to a Dell P2422H and I have this weird grid/pattern that is flickering/animating on specific colors. It's can be seen in grays, blues, whites, and other colors.

Here's the closest video that I found online that shows the issue:

Also, check:

Changing the contrast setting in the monitor OSD helps with some colors, but it makes it worse for other colors. Changing the color profile in the settings has the same effect.

I've tried connecting the monitor using an HDMI to HDMI cable, DisplayPort cable to a USB C adapter, HDMI to USB C cable, and the issue still persists. Please note that the monitor has RGB mode already enabled.

The issue doesn't happen on the same monitor using a Windows or Ubuntu laptop.

Is this a known issue with M1, or is it an issue in the monitor?

RDowson

macrumors 6502
May 22, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey folks,

I have a Macbook pro M1 16" connected to a Dell P2422H and I have this weird grid/pattern that is flickering/animating on specific colors. It's can be seen in grays, blues, whites, and other colors.

Here's the closest video that I found online that shows the issue:

Also, check:

Changing the contrast setting in the monitor OSD helps with some colors, but it makes it worse for other colors. Changing the color profile in the settings has the same effect.

I've tried connecting the monitor using an HDMI to HDMI cable, DisplayPort cable to a USB C adapter, HDMI to USB C cable, and the issue still persists. Please note that the monitor has RGB mode already enabled.

The issue doesn't happen on the same monitor using a Windows or Ubuntu laptop.

Is this a known issue with M1, or is it an issue in the monitor?
I have just received the exact same monitor from my work and I also have an M1 MacBook Pro.

I have exactly the same issue!

• Sad
Reactions: md-hamed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.