Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rickapel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2020
Hello,
First post on Macrumours Forum on an issue I am pulling my hair out on.

I purchased a Macbook Pro 14" with M1 chip in Dec of 22'. Was running Monterey when I first booted up.
Wanted to try out the ability to run an iOS app so I installed Wyze camera app and it ran like a champ right off the bat.

Somewhere along the line in the installation of multiple versions of Ventura (I'm at 13.4 currently), MacOS absolutely
stopped opening ALL iOS apps across the board.

Ran it past Apple (Big waste of my time as they blamed apps across the board). After capturing system info and performing
multiple menial common sense things while they witnessed, they had no explanation. They blamed it on the iOS apps and
wanted me to completely reinstall MacOS as another item on their task list for unexplained occurrences. I refrained from
reinstalling Ventura as I've upgraded a couple of times to no avail as I have no other issues.

I also run Bitdefender but have uninstalled and reinstalled it as well as every individual iOS apps. I've upgraded the Wyze app not
less than 5 times probably at this point via app store updates.

Actually opened a ticket with Wyze too and it was a waste of my time also.
(i'm not here to cause no trouble, but I get real sick of the finger pointing shuffle!)

No messages on Wyze and a couple of other iOS apps as they do nothing when you try to open them. (Nothing in any of the
common MacOS logs either)

I did notice back in 2020 messages on MacRumour forums regarding Big Sur, Csrutil, SIP concerns where folks disabled SIP using the Csrutil
utility and iOS apps would fail to open. Re-enabling SIP seemed to remedy the problem. In my case SIP is enabled. I have not
touched it and still have an issue like the folks did in 2020.

I have not seen a single thread anywhere on this one.
If any of you have any ideas, please respond to this thread.
Thanks in advance for any help!

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.