Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AhmedSabeck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2012
Cairo, Egypt
Hello, I'm having an urgent issue with my M1 MacBook Pro with Touchbar. I'm sorry if this is not the place to post it (I'm currently traveling and on my phone, and not used to the forums), if so, please move it or tell me where I should post instead..

so, my MacBook was functioning normally with about half it's battety still there, i stopped using it and was doing something else while still in the room (in a safe environment with no heat or liquids or any risk) for 10-15 mins, the screen turned off at some point I assume, then, as I got back to it, it didn't turn back on.

It could not be out of battery, but I connected it, still doesn't turn on.

Now, the issue is: the screen is completely black, but the fan is running with a noticeable sound, and the MacBook doesn't turn off or on, holding the power button can get it to stop the fan noise sometimes, but as soon as I touch anything it turns on again, as if it were sleeping. I tried everything i could find online, stepsto reset SMC, NVRAM, hard reset, all the same, I'm currently trying to just leave it until it runs out of battery in the hope that it may turn on normally or 'reset' after

I am currently not in a city with an apple store, but i took it to a certified service provider, they said they can take it for a diagnosis but that would take multiple days, and I won't be able to do this, I get back to my city with an apple store in two days, but I really need it in the asap and cannot afford this delay. Is there anything I can do?

Update: it's run out of power now but won't turn on, trackpad is no longer clickable..

So sorry for the rambling long post, any help appreciated

Reactions: ANNABELLE COLE

ANNABELLE COLE

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2023
Did you end up getting to the bottom of this? Currently having the same problem. Sent my Mac off to the Apple repair centre and I’m anxiously waiting to find the problem.

benhurrj

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2023
Did you end up getting to the bottom of this? Currently having the same problem. Sent my Mac off to the Apple repair centre and I’m anxiously waiting to find the problem.
Hi, I'm having the same issue, were you able to find any solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.