Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Hello guys

I'm interested in buying a MacBook Pro 13'', but my question is, is there any new MacBook Pro coming out soon?

Besides the retina MacBook that I don't have any interest in... I was more looking at the MBP 13'' i7 with 8GB RAM and 750GB HDD

Would it be a good buy right now?

Best Regards
DGP_Maluco

Last edited:

wabbit42

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2012
There's always something new coming. If you need it now, buy it now... if you don't then don't.

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Macrumors buyers advice page says it's likelly that the cycle is ending and something new is coming out?

cire1244

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Macrumors buyers advice page says it's likelly that the cycle is ending and something new is coming out?

That is just based on averages, and doesn't consider the recent release of the 13" rMBP as an upgrade. Just given Apple's recent timelines and Haswell, I'd be surprised if we see anything before the spring, and probably more like June.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
No one knows.

If you need one now, buy it now. As others have said, it's likely to be a awhile before any of the MBPs are updated - the next round of Intel processors isn't due until Q2/Q3 next year (though Q3 seems awfully late!).

That said, I think most would expect updated MBPs to be incrementally faster processor-wise, to have noticeably upgraded integrated graphics, and to have more storage capacity.

The big question is whether the uMBP will be killed off or not. I think that's likely - Apple clearly wants to move everyone to a closed platform that doesn't allow for owner upgrades like RAM or storage, like the Airs and rMBPs. If that happens, I would expect the pricing of the rMBP to rationalize somewhat.

Jack9034

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2011
The updated 2012 MBPs didn't come out too long ago so an updated model probably will come out sometime around April/May next year. It probably wont be a huge update anyway

DGPMaluco

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Ok, thanks for the opinions guys!

Edit: waited for apples discount today, it's 1am and I bought the MBP with 101€ discount

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.