Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saskins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2022
Hi, I am new to Mac and not very technical.

I have recently set up a new MacBook Pro M1 2021. It is successfully connecting to WiFi and internet at my own house. However I need to work from a family member’s house and can’t get an internet connection there.

I can get the MacBook to connect to WiFi there but not internet. It comes up asking for WPAS 2 password sometimes and other times nothing happens and it simply fails to connect to internet. The only password is the usual one we use for connecting to WiFi/internet which is on back of router.

I have googled and tried various things to best of my ability. Please note that I have ruled out any issue with the router itself because I plugged in a spare one and same issue occurs. Please also note that my iPhone and iPad and the TV all successfully connect to the internet there.

Therefore issue must be to do with some unknown password or some setting that needs enabling/disabling or some additional settings within the MacBook Pro that need sorting.

This is where my understanding ends and after several weeks I’m ready to scream! Has anyone else encounted this problem? Please, if offering any suggestions I need simple explanations and basic step by step instructions.

Please note that I’m in U.K.

Thanks!

Alpha Centauri

macrumors 65816
Oct 13, 2020
I was going to suggest many of these solutions but it's quite well set out in this article.

Also, make sure no VPNs and/ or anti-virus software is active, if installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.