Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1984power

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Hello,

I have the opportunity to buy an Apple MacBook Pro Leather Sleeve (15-inch) for an acceptable price (they were very overpriced originally).

I wanted to use the MacBook Pro on top of the sleeve occasionally. Knowing these Apple sleeves have indents in the leather on the bottom for the MacBook’s feet, would this work?

From pictures and videos, I think the feet would be a bit “squashed” by the Mac itself, raising the left and right edges of the case. It might be that these are not meant to use the MacBook on top of.

Is it a good idea to use a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Touch Bar) on top of a sleeve? Leather or fabric, the ones I’m considering purchasing are both very slim sleeves. There are desk mats made of both fabric and leather, so I assume it would be alright?

I’d appreciate it if someone who has one of these Apple leather sleeves could contribute. Have you ever used your MacBook on top of it?

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.