Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MaciekP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2014
My MBP 2017 is my 6th Mac computer. I had 13" MBP 2011, 15" MBP 2013, Mac mini 2010, MacBook 12 2016, IMAC 2013....and this is fist time I have a problem with MAC. After about 3000 hours of using MBP 15" 2017 LCD screen starting having moving color artifacts. I'm lucky to be in EU and we have 2 years mnormal warranty and it was after 13 months of usage in office, light tasks, everyday, 8 hours.
I never had any problems with Macs. Screen replacement is about $1k I was told...
Company rep who took it for repair (he sold it to me new taken from local distributor) has been selling Macs for the last 13 years. He told me that in the past he had about 2 Mac repairs every year and now about 6 repairs per MONTH, so 12x6=72 per year! What a difference! What a crap Apple is doing now!?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My Apple hardware has worked without flaw for years and years until my 2016 MBPro which had three keyboards replaced before they refunded my money. I have not seen a huge decline in Apple quality at my place.

From looking at your posts you have had good service out of your Apple hardware, about like me, yet you choose to listen to the "local distributor" over you personal hands on experience? You need to go and try Lenovo or some other hardware and you will find Apple is still more dependable.

Reactions: doitdada
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.