Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mhkan1992

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I've been using my MBPR 13" for about 8 months now. I don't usually use my trackpad much since I use a wireless mouse most of the time.

I tried using force click for the first time and noticed something odd whenever I press the top left corner of the trackpad. It feels heavier and firmer when I press at that corner as if there is an actual button there. I understand that the new force touch trackpad uses vibration to register each press. I even tried shutting down my MBPR 13" and pressed every sides/corner of the trackpad, the rest is flat and unresponsive but the top left corner does respond with a *click* sound when pressed firmly.

I'm wondering if that corner is meant to be like that or is my trackpad broken/loose on the top left corner? Does Apple warranty cover minor faulty trackpad?

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I've been using my MBPR 13" for about 8 months now. I don't usually use my trackpad much since I use a wireless mouse most of the time.

I tried using force click for the first time and noticed something odd whenever I press the top left corner of the trackpad. It feels heavier and firmer when I press at that corner as if there is an actual button there. I understand that the new force touch trackpad uses vibration to register each press. I even tried shutting down my MBPR 13" and pressed every sides/corner of the trackpad, the rest is flat and unresponsive but the top left corner does respond with a *click* sound when pressed firmly.

I'm wondering if that corner is meant to be like that or is my trackpad broken/loose on the top left corner? Does Apple warranty cover minor faulty trackpad?

Could be a bit loose, yes if it's broken your warranty will cover it, why not ask Apple it's a lot easier than getting endless speculation on a forum from people who have not even seen the machine.

Reactions: !!!
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.