Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barisns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2019
I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014). Since 2016 with Yosemite, it has a glitch issue which has not been fixed. Weirdly, the issue mostly occurs with the Apple applications. Initially, when I clicked on a photo to open up, the device was glitching or freezing immediately like crazy. However, currently I am not so sure about what triggers the behavior. The only app that I can use confidently is Google Chrome. I have visited Apple store twice for the issue during the warranty period however nothing as changed. Apple service was not able to diagnose any unusual things with the software or with the hardware. I had reinstalled Mac OS many times which was also not helpful also. Now the Macbook is useless for me other than the Chrome and Office Programs. You can see a recent glitch video which I got today. Please share your experience or solution if you have any, this makes me crazy for years. I was not able to find much online about this case I am experiencing for a long time...
v=Iq2ki7yimDA

barisns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2019
UPDATE:
This is a trouble which this mac has for 3 years. It has not been solved by Apple during warranty period. Now warranty is over and when I give the device to Genius for the same issue, they are magically able to solve it. BUT: They offer to replace the Logic board for almost 500 Dollars. It is crazy and really bad customer service from Apple...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.