Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zephyr2095

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
Hi,

I recently got a new MacBook Pro for myself and decided to give my old one to my mother. I decided to do a fresh install of the OS - I formatted the hard drive and it went into internet recovery. This computer that I am talking about is a MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013. Everything went well with the installation and it reached the stage where it asks for the name and email. At that point the charger was removed and I gave the computer to my mother to fill in the details. She got a little busy and kept it aside for half and hour. Later when she tried to switch it on or connect a charger to it, it won't respond in any way.

Now the problem is that there's no indication if I connect a charger to it - no green or orange light. Nothing happens if I press the power button. I do not understand what could have gone wrong. May be it got overcharged since it took a long time for the download to complete and it was connected to the charger the entire time. May be it got bricked for some reason.

Would anyone know how to fix this computer please?

zephyr2095

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2013
I have tried opening it up and disconnect/ reconnect the battery connector as mentioned on some forums. Didn't fix anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.