Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stego618

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2019
South Africa
I am in an Enterprise environment and we have some MacBook Pro's 2016 to 2017 and about to get 2018 and the 2017 with Touchbar are a pain when it comes to upgrading to Mojave. According to Apple https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207567 because of the Touchbar if you are in a proxy environment you will have issues with the update/upgrade. Whilst in High Sierra this was not an issue.

I am wondering if some genius out there has figured a way to workaround this issue. Our current setup, we create two profiles for the users. Office and Out of Office, Office with proxy settings and the other for out of office. If you leave the profile out of office then it goes through fine but immediately you put it on the other profile it gets stuck on the screen to connect to the Internet. Even if you remove the proxy settings but if you connect it to the production network it won't work.

I have done some research and can't seem to find a fix for this and would appreciate some input.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.