Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WikkiDbandaids

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2019
Hello there, I’m having problems with my Macbook Pro. After using an external CD drive to burn music last week, it hasn’t allowed me to shut down or restart the computer. I unplugged it without ejecting because there was no option to do so. When I try to shut down or restart the computer now, an error message pops up reading, “The Finder is about to quit. Click Continue to eject the disc without burning “” to it.” (in small text underneath it says ‘“” won’t be deleted. You can burn it to a disc later.’) If I click Continue the popup closes and reoccurs several times; clicking through eventually makes it go away, but the computer doesn’t shut down. If I click Cancel, the same thing happens.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.4 (18E226).

deep diver

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Philadelphia.
I'm not sure I have a good answer, but......... try deleting the burn folder and see if that does anything. You might also leave it unplugged and let the battery run down until the computer shuts down by itself.

Suspended
Jan 11, 2018
Force it to shut down by holding in the button for ten seconds. Save any work you can before doing this.

Reactions: Fishrrman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.