Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mandyg1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
While rebooting, I pressed command and R and went to Disk utility, then i went to Machintosh HD and i erased it because i wanted to erase everything on my MacBook Pro to start fresh, i also clicked ''restore'' and then Machintosh HD disappeared instead i have now ''OS X base system'', Then i exited and restarted my computer to log back in and now i cant, the only thing appears is a circle with a slash threw it!

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Circle with slash means that you are trying to boot to a system that your Mac does not support.

Please tell us which MacBook Pro you have - and which macOS system you want to install.
BEST WAY to do a reinstall is to download the installer that you want to use, then use that to create a bootable installer, which could be on a USB flash drive, or you could create that on a partition on an external drive. There's several methods to do this.
When you come back with more details about your Mac, then I will try to help you get going again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.