Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noreception

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Hi Guys.

So I had a repair on my MacBook back in February and I have been having some problems since picked it up. As far as I can remember they replaced the mother board and a sensor in the palm resting area... the fan would always be on - ALWAYS.

So, when I picked it up I noticed that it was making a really strange sounds - like deep grinding sounds.

I returned to the store and after a long conversation they took it from me and opened it up in the back room only to revel that someone had left a screw - or a screw from another machine was loose inside the fan area.....

Okay. So I am noticing issues and have noticed these issues since I picked it up from them (Feb) however my AppleCare has passed. Can anyone share any experience or offer any suggestion as to any approach I can take with Apple? I made the "Genius" make a note that stray items were found inside the clam after it was returned, do you think this is sufficient info to get a replacement or my computer fixed?

PS: a regular lurker and appreciative fan of the work you guys do.

MacInTO

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2005
Canada, eh!
The Apple Store should be responsible for fixing your Mac even if it is out of warranty now as the repair was done while it was under warranty and by them. It was just poor workmanship.

You might want to go back and explain the situation. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, speak to the manager.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.