Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IvanPsy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
I see no new Macbooks announced in the last Apple event, so no new Macbooks coming soon. Is it right?

I don't have urgency: I can wait 1-2 months.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
Which MacBook? Retina MacBook, Pro, or Air? rMB was updated ~4 months ago so you'll have to wait ~8 months for an update unless Apple decides to release a larger version.

IvanPsy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
Which MacBook? Retina MacBook, Pro, or Air? rMB was updated ~4 months ago so you'll have to wait ~8 months for an update unless Apple decides to release a larger version.

Oops you're right I forgot. Sorry.

I'm talking about the MacBook 12", the ones with the M processor.

IvanPsy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2011
The Macbook 12" was just updated a few months ago -- April, I think -- so there is not going to be another update for a while. Certainly hope not, since I just got my m7!!!

LOL! Ok I'm going to consider the buy.
Thank you for your feedback!

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
The macbook pro update in 1 month is what you should be waiting for. What everyone wants to know is how slimmed down the pros are. If not much, then the macbook 12 is still important for size/weight.

But what if the 13" pro slims down from 3.5 pounds to 2.7 pounds? Sub 3 pounds, weight shouldn't be a factor. I think most would rather have a 2.7 pounds full-featured laptop with real i5 processors, at least 2 ports, and a larger screen and probably better battery life, could run a 5k monitor. With the Macbook 12 if you add in the dongles, etc I'm thinking it'll be 2.2 pounds, leaving you with an extra half pound to account for.

If the new pro is 3.0 or less, I'd prefer that over the macbook 12. Apple is a strange beast. I'm sure they know that they risk cannibalization of the macbook 12 by the new pros, but they don't care. And in this case, it will benefit us.

My money is on the new 13" pro being bare minimum as portable as the current 13" air (3.0 pounds), thereby granting us our longest standing wish: a 13" retina air. Only it will be called the 13" macbook pro.

I don't care about the OLED bar. The innovation for me will be a retina screen in an air form factor.

If they go nuts and release a 13" macbook, maybe 2.3 pounds (I know I said weight sub 3 isn't an issue). Then I've got a problem. But I doubt this will be the case. 1 more month until the 13" retina air!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.