Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suicidejesus666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
Lebanon
I decided to clean my Macbook pro 15" Late 2013 completely from the inside few days ago, I looked up a tutorial on iFixit and I went ahead and removed the SSD, airport card, and both the fans to clean under them, made sure I didn't drop any liquid on anything inside..

so my problem is that when I put my Macbook together again and closed it up, I proceeded to bootup the Macbook ( I have bootcamp installed as well ) So when i booted up to bootcamp the Windows 10 logo showed and it was loading, then some blue stripes popped on the screen really fast and then disappeared, after that the screen went to complete black and nothing was happening anymore, I left it there for at least 30 minutes and it stayed completely black.

Tried to boot into MacOs and it went to the apple logo with the progress bar half full then it got stuck there too..

What should I do? I suspect that I might've wired something incorrectly inside the Macbook, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Sanpete

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2016
Utah
I suspect that I might've wired something incorrectly inside the Macbook, but I'm not sure.

That does seem a possibility, considering the timing. Sometimes a bit of static electricity can play havoc while you're moving stuff around. Can you boot into recovery mode and run the hardware check? You might have to go back in and reassemble.

suicidejesus666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
Lebanon
That does seem a possibility, considering the timing. Sometimes a bit of static electricity can play havoc while you're moving stuff around. Can you boot into recovery mode and run the hardware check? You might have to go back in and reassemble.
I tried running hardware check earlier and everything checked out, I tried reassembling twice and still nothing happened, I also tried booting in verbose mode to see where the macbook is hanging up, it froze for 15 seconds and then it shut off completely, now I can't even turn it back on anymore..that was 24 hours ago.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
I decided to clean my Macbook pro 15" Late 2013 completely from the inside few days ago, I looked up a tutorial on iFixit and I went ahead and removed the SSD, airport card, and both the fans to clean under them, made sure I didn't drop any liquid on anything inside..

so my problem is that when I put my Macbook together again and closed it up, I proceeded to bootup the Macbook ( I have bootcamp installed as well ) So when i booted up to bootcamp the Windows 10 logo showed and it was loading, then some blue stripes popped on the screen really fast and then disappeared, after that the screen went to complete black and nothing was happening anymore, I left it there for at least 30 minutes and it stayed completely black.

Tried to boot into MacOs and it went to the apple logo with the progress bar half full then it got stuck there too..

What should I do? I suspect that I might've wired something incorrectly inside the Macbook, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance.

Wait... you made sure you didn't drop any liquid...

What did you clean it with?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
... I went ahead and removed the SSD, airport card, and both the fans to clean under them, made sure I didn't drop any liquid on anything inside..

"scrubbed" implies (to me) that you scrubbed with something, usually some kind of cleaning agent/fluid (alcohol, multi-purpose cleaner, plain water, even soap & water!)
What kind of liquid did you use for cleaning?

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Maybe the SATA connector broke when you disconnected it. They are very fragile. Also, double check the airport card is seated correctly.

Reactions: Sanpete

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
The late 2013 rMBPro would not have any SATA cable, as the SSD plugs directly into a socket on the logic board.
BUT, does seem like a drive/storage problem.
I would certainly test by reseating the SSD on the logic board.

I suspect that you will find a connector somewhere on the logic board that is not quite seated completely.
Hopefully, your attempt at the full cleaning of your system did not damage some part of the logic board.
You should try to re-trace all your steps, and that maybe reveal your problem.
(A really close inspection of all the areas that you "cleaned" might show something :D )

Reactions: Sanpete

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
The late 2013 rMBPro would not have any SATA cable, as the SSD plugs directly into a socket on the logic board.
BUT, does seem like a drive/storage problem.
I would certainly test by reseating the SSD on the logic board.

I suspect that you will find a connector somewhere on the logic board that is not quite seated completely.
Hopefully, your attempt at the full cleaning of your system did not damage some part of the logic board.
You should try to re-trace all your steps, and that maybe reveal your problem.
(A really close inspection of all the areas that you "cleaned" might show something :D )

Good point. I did not read the year closely enough. The M2. is relatively goof proof just make sure is seats all the way in before you tighten the screw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.