Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gleerup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Hello Forum

I am the happy owner of a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

About half a year ago i spilled a cup of hot chocolate all over the macbook and right into the keyboard (yes, a terrible mistake....)

I managed to "save" it though, let it dry and turned it on after a couple of days

Everything except from the battery seemed to be working fine (must be plugged, otherwise it wont start - i guess that the battery was destroyed)

However i have noticed that when i start gaming or run requiring programs the computer shuts down

I haven't changed the battery yet so i was wondering if this might be the reason, or if it's a standalone issue (so that if i changed the battery, the problem would continue)?

cheers
Jens

Gleerup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Could it be a great issue? Do you hear the fan running at times?
yeah i think so

I recently ran some games in low resolution without trouble, however when i increaase the resolution just a little, the computer shuts down....

Gleerup

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
Have you tried cleaning out the fan ducts? Removed the motherboard and checked for corrosion?
Have you tried cleaning out the fan ducts? Removed the motherboard and checked for corrosion?

done and done, however the problem seems to persist :/
[doublepost=1501948986][/doublepost]It's like the fan isn't running alot when it happens

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.