Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applCore

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Has anyone successfully installed DP1 into a Parallels virtual machine yet? Been hitting a wall so far with installing via the ESD...

Reactions: grahamperrin

applCore

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2011
I know its not the same software but perhaps some of the info may be of help, I have installed macOS Sierra successfully in VMware Fusion 8 following this guide http://www.mikeroysoft.com/macos-sierra-on-fusion-8/
Appreciate that, I'll take a look and see if I can get that to work out in some fashion. I was thinking along these lines already, but was hoping to shortcut the expiramentation process.

Thanks!

dBeats

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
In general this doesn't work well. Parallels needs to make the virtual boot partition and without complete knowledge of the changes, it's likely not to work. Better to boot off an external drive than run a VM for DPs. Been down that road and got the t-shirt many times! ;)

markt88

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2013
I have managed to install Sierra onto Parallels, it doesn't work very well. Very choppy graphics and some considerable lag. better off running it on a second partition :p

Parallels Picture.png

Reactions: dBeats
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.